2020 Parenting Programs & Resources
Local Supports & Groups
- Help Yourself Through Hard Times 2020 –
- Child Care & Early Childhood Education –
- Child & Youth Network Resource List –
- The Little Gym – https://www.thelittlegym.com/LondonON/classes/parent-child
- Circle of Security Parenting Group –
- ADHD Parenting Class – https://positivekids.ca/parenting-classes/
- Parenting Events in London –https://www.eventbrite.ca/d/canada–london/parenting/
- London Moms Meet-Up Group –https://www.meetup.com/London-Moms-Meetup-Group/
Parenting & Strengthening Families Programs & Services
- Addiction Services of Thames Valley Heartspace Program –
Suite 260-200 Queens Ave E, London, 519-673-3242 x 239
A specialized prevention, early identification, education, and treatment program for women who are pregnant, parenting and substance-involved and their children prenatal – 6 years of age.
- Changing Ways/Caring Dads
825 Bradley Ave, London, 519-438-9869
An intervention program for dads who have abused their children or exposed them to violence towards their mothers.
265 Maitland Street, London, 519-434-3644, https://www.childreach.on.ca
Parent resource centre that offers education, information, support and outreach, parents and child drop-in playgroup, one-on-one discussion and advice on parenting skills and child development. Also offers resource & toy lending library, parent education seminars and workshops. Parents struggling or with questions can call Parent Connect at 519-434-3644 or email email@example.com. Parenting information is also available through the parent connect blog – https://www.childreach.on.ca/parent-support/
- Child & Parent Research Institute (CPRI)
600 Sanatorium Road, London, 1-877-494-2774, https://www.cpri.ca/families/programs-services/
Provides both specialized inpatient & outpatient services to children and youth 0 – 18 years of age (and families) with complex mental health and developmental challenges.
- Crouch Neighbourhood Resource Centre
550 Hamilton Road, London, 519-642-7630, https://www.crouchnrc.org/
Early years programs, basic needs & workshops for parents and caregivers
- Dad Club London
Multiple program locations, 226-580-9118, https://www.dadclublondon.com
Parenting support & social meetings for fathers. Education and networking to connect with fathers in London and area, newsletters and private chat forums.
- EarlyON Child & Family Centres
Parenting & drop-in program for parents, caregivers and children featuring play equipment, creative activities, music, songs, story time, yoga, and snacks. Information, resources, and parenting & caregiver education. Also includes organizational programming include the Parent & Infant Relationship Clinic (PAIR) to build healthy connections to their children under 3 years old. The Children & Youth Relationship Clinic will be launched in the near future for building healthy connections to children over the age of 3 years.
- Family Centre Argyle
1990 Royal Cres, London, 519-455-2791
- Family Centre Carling-Thames
335 Belfield St, London, 519-432-0488
- Family Centre Fanshawe
1800 Cedarhollow Blvd, London, 519-452-0362
- Family Centre Fox Hollow
2435 Buroak Drive, London, 519-474-0190
- Family Centre Westminster
690 Osgoode Drive, London, 519-649-1248
- Family Centre Westmount
1019 Viscount Rd, London, (Across from the Westmount Mall, attached to Jean Vanier Elementary School), 519-473-2825
- Family Centre White Oaks
565 Bradley Avenue, London, 519-685-1400
- EarlyON Child & Family Centre – Childreach
265 Maitland St., London, 519-434-3644
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) –
Caregivers of children with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder are supported by London Family Court Clinic through parent support group sessions, and social skills programming for children and youth. They also offer a peer support mentoring program to match parents with others who have shared life experiences and skills related to parenting children and youth with FASD.
- Glen Cairn Resource Centre
150 King Edward Ave, London, 519-668-2745, https://www.gccrc.ca
Neighbourhood-based grassroots nonprofit with a wide range of services and programs including basic needs,
information and referral to health, housing, and youth & parent supports. The wee welcome program connects expecting or new mothers with programs,
resources and parenting support.
- Learning Disabilities Association of London Region –
Suite 205- 303 Richmond Street, London, 519-438-6213 x 21
Support group for parents with children with learning disabilities and/or ADHD, including how best to support their child, common parental struggles, and referrals for individual consultation
- London Children’s Connection – https://lcc.on.ca/family-support-programs
Admin office at 346 Wonderland Rd, S, London, 519-471-4300
Programs offered at Westmount, White Oaks & Fanshawe Family Centres. This includes family support program, parent education, first-time mom program
- London Family Court Clinic/Child Witness Project –
254 Pall Mall Street, Unit #200, London, 519-619-1250
Supports children and adolescents called to testify as victims or witnesses in Criminal Court including cases of physical or sexual abuse, peer assaults or domestic violence.
- London Middlesex Housing Complex – Boulee & Huron
Offers boys group (10-14), teen group (13-17) in partnership with John Howard Society, Moms & Tots Café for basic needs, counselling & parenting skills. Also offers a youth group (14-18) in partnership with the African & Canadian Federation to help with resumes, interviews, OSAP applications, and connecting youth to YOU program. Offers youth and children’s counselling, Learn it Together (grades 1-3) to improve literacy & numeracy, self-esteem & healthy eating habits. Huron site also offers a boys & girls program (5-12) in partnership with the John Howard Society to explore cultures, racism, healthy relationships, family violence & safety planning.
- London Multiple Births Association
Friendship, sharing and moral support for parents of multiples, warm line and one-to-one informal advice, support meetings for expectant and new parents, family events. resources
- London Pregnancy and Family Support Centre
261 Piccadilly Street, 519-432-2073, https://www.lonpfsc.com
Programming & groups for expectant moms & caregivers including grandparents who are parenting. Information on prenatal health care, baby development, bonding, attachment, postpartum, breast feeding, formula, budgeting, household management, and infant and toddler safety issues
- Merrymount Family Support & Crisis Centre
1064 Colborne Street, 519-434-6848, https://www.merrymount.on.ca
Support, transition & crisis care for children & families designed to strengthen and support family life and the well-being of children. Groups for children and parents and caregivers. Overnight crisis & respite care, and supervised access. Single session “parent talk”, therapeutic and attachment counselling, concurrent parent and child emotional regulation group, building families, Circle of Security, secure connections program, and parenting school-age children. Also offers Mutual Aid Parenting Program (MAPP) & Community Action Program for Children
- Military Family Resource Centre –
701 Oxford Street, London, 519-660-5366
Offers parenting workshops & supports along with social meetings for families involved in the Canadian military
- N’Amerind Friendship Centre London – http://www.namerind.on.ca/programs/
260 Colborne Street, London, 519-672-0131
Indigenous Families First program provides psychological and emotional support to parents & caregivers and works to promote the well-being of the family unit. Also offers supervised access & traditional parenting program
- Prevention & Early Intervention Program for Psychosis (PEPP) Parent Support Group – https://www.lhsc.on.ca/pepp-prevention-and-early-intervention-program-for-psychoses/pepp-parent-support-group
Meets at CMHA, 534 Queens Ave, London on 3rd Wednesday of the month
Monthly peer support group for parents/caregivers of loved ones touched by psychosis
- Rethink (under Association of Parent Support Groups in Ontario) –
Supporting parents of disruptive youth through local meetings and workshops. Newsletter available to assist parents in acquiring the skills to help themselves and their children
- Single Women in Motherhood Training Program
296 Horton Street, Suite 4, London, 519-432-5454, https://www.singlewomeninmotherhood.com
Facilitated groups for moms including for trauma, life-coaching, childcare exchange and a drop-in childcare service
- South London Neighbourhood Resource Centre
1119 Jalna Blvd, London, 519-649-1248, http://www.slnrc.org/.
- Precious Moments Postnatal Program for Arabic Speaking Mothers –
Discussions about parenting and cultural issues in a collectivist context facilitated in Arabic
- Reaching Out Together Program –
Support group for single and isolated mothers in the community. Meets Thursday evenings and child-care is available for group members.
- Young Moms Group –
Support to young mothers 15 years and older who are parenting young children. Discussion topics include parenting and child development issues, information and child development and parenting strategies.
- Smart Start for Babies –
Prenatal education and support program for women and teens
- Women Reaching Out Together –
Discussion & speakers on issues relevant to women with childcare provided
- Additional programs – drop-in playgroup, family night, school readiness program, collective kitchen, drop-in infant growth, development & breastfeeding support